Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for efficiently covering breakdowns and cover of the Production areas.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £16.37 per hour
- Hours of work: 18.00pm- 06.00am 4 on 4 off Nights
Key Task and Responsibilities:
- To efficiently cover breakdowns and production cover, submitting any improvements/cost savings to the Engineering Manager.
- To support/advise and provide training where necessary to Line Leaders in relation to machine set up and or technical issues.
- To actively participate in project work ensuring deadlines are met and quality of work is to a high standard.
- To always ensure you adhere to company procedures, policies and guidelines.
- To keep your work area in a good, clean condition and follow the 'clean as you go' procedure.
- To maintain accuracy in record keeping systems - both manual and computerised where applicable.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining a PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) system.
- To actively ensure the engineering parts store is stocked at all times ensuring the “parts request” form is fully completed.
- To be aware of budgetary constraints with regards to carrying out maintenance and repairs.
- Cascade - operational cover, start up and shut down of plant.
Key attributes, skills and abilities:
Hold recognised qualifications relevant to the position in either electrical or mechanical fields (preferably both)
Experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment – preferably within the food industry
Proven analytical approach to working methods
First class written and oral communication skills