Graduate Development Programme
Our two-year Programme enables you to sample our different functions and locations, gaining practical on and off-the-job training. We have opportunities within our business for people who are simply passionate about a great career in the food industry - ultimately, you could take up a management role here in our Commercial, Procurement, Technical, Operations, Processing, HR or Finance teams.
Produce Investments Plc is a leading operator in the fresh potato and daffodil sectors with a turnover in excess of £200m and up to 1,500 staff – and we know a few things about growing people too.
The group is split into three segments:
Comprising Greenvale AP, The Jersey Royal Company and Rowe Farming. Customers include a number of the UK leading grocery retailers and wholesale and food service companies.
Greenvale AP Ltd is one of the UK’s top fresh produce companies, growing and supplying fresh and processed potatoes to some of the country’s leading retailers including both Sainsbury’s and Tesco.
We provide a full range of potato options to our customers from niche, super premium varieties to standard potatoes. These potatoes are sold loose and pre-packed directly to a number of retail customers, catering and traditional wholesalers, as well as sold in bulk to various processing companies. In addition we have our own range of Greenvale brand potatoes.
Swancote Foods provides a number of food ingredient manufacturers in the UK with additive - free cooked potato products as well as raw potato ingredients. Ingredients supplied are used by a large number of food manufacturers in products such as diced potato salads and mashed potato for fish cakes and ready meals.
Including Greenvale Seed, a significant grower of seed potatoes and Restrain Company Ltd which provides the only residue free solution for sprout suppression in stored potatoes and onion in the UK, Europe and other territories across the world. Our direct trading also falls under this umberella.
Because of this, it’s highly likely that you will have already enjoyed some of our products. With around 1,500 employees and 11 different sites/facilities around the country, we have a significant presence in all of the UK’s key potato growing areas.
This, combined with a determination to build outstanding teams of people and support individuals in achieving their full potential, provides our key point of difference.
- Location: Nationwide
- Reporting to: Group Learning and Development Manager
- Salary: Competitive Package
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday
- The successful applicants will hold a degree.
- It is essential, that successful applicants have a demonstrable passion for the produce industry and the desire to work within differing functions throughout our business.
- Our programme consists of real business projects that will be completed during the placements. Attention to detail with a planned approach to work is essential, fast paced deadlines are required to be met with high levels of responsibility. Our graduates will be working with differing levels of management and staff and so excellent communication is vital.
- A full, clean driving license is essential, as is a willingness to travel and to relocate if necessary.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Degree - ideally in Agricultural or Land-based subjects, however other degrees will be considered based on our placement opportunities or business needs.
- Previous work experience within the produce industry would be advantageous.