Head of Seed
Reporting to the Seed Director, this position has full management of the Greenvale seed business with responsibility for profit performance.
- Location: Burrelton
- Reporting to: Seed Director
- Salary: Competitive Package
- Hours of work: Monday- Friday
- Leadership and management of the seed business and employees.
- Financial budgeting and forecasting – setting budgets for the sales team, site and overall seed business. Forecasting quarterly and ensuring new targets are communicated and achieved.
- Provision of insight to the monthly board report produced by finance.
- Presenting the seed business to Operational Board on a regular basis.
- Leading change within all area of the seed business. Setting strategic objectives for the seed business and ensure implementation, monitoring and measurement, where possible.
- Liaising with all functions across the business to ensure consistency of message, efforts of respective teams and commercial opportunity maximisation.
- Setting and monitoring KPIs for all sectors of the seed business.
- Review practices and establish changes required on a regular basis.
- Develop staff to ensure that individuals work efficiently and effectively within the values and policies of the company.
- Carry our appropriate levels of communication within team, e.g. monthly management meetings, annual appraisals and interim reviews along with monthly 1-2-1 staff meetings.
- Building teams – set team goals and instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Develop new varieties to fulfil the commercial requirements of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in the seed potato industry is preferred.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Full driving licence.