Working closely with the Learning & Development Officer and production team, co-ordinate and deliver operations training to all staff relating to on the job training and activity. To promote learning and development initiatives within the business and help develop the learning and development brand ‘IMPROVE’. The role will primarily be based on the shop floor delivering training activities across the site on various shift patterns.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Learning & Development Officer
- Salary: £10.11 per hour
- Hours of work: 8.00am- 17.00pm Monday to Friday (Flexibility to work different shifts required)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- • Ensure all employees are adequately trained in all relevant mandatory core skills including induction, manual handling and HSE practices.
- • Ensure employees and temporary agency staff have received the appropriate training and technical skills in order to fulfil role requirements to a competent level.
- • Plan, organise and deliver internal training accordingly.
- • Reporting monthly training activities against KPI’s.
- • Assessing training activity against plan annually.
- • Creating, maintaining, reviewing, updating and archiving all training documentation including tracking, electronically logging on database (Navision), filing and providing certification.
- • Managing Standard Operating Procedure process, co-ordinating SOP creation and delivery.
- • Deliver individual and group training sessions in agreed areas.
- • Working closely with functional teams to ensure training delivery is appropriate and timely.
- • Participate in group learning & development initiatives/ discussions with completion of learning & development objectives.
- • Participating in third party audits where required providing training documentation for traceability and legal requirements in line with set standards.
- • Promoting best practice and standardisation of training documentation across the group.
- • Working flexibly with the Human Resources team in order to cover general business needs.
Key Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
Have similar experience in a food manufacturing environment
Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel) – preferably advanced Excel skills
Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
Be a team player, decision maker, able to prioritise and work under pressure
Have excellent communication, organisational skills and ability to influence others