We are looking to recruit for two new roles of Procurement Manager; one position based in the North and one in the South/East. Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager your primary aim will be to ensure a timely, cost effective supply of quality fresh potatoes to the packing sites.
- Location: Floods Ferry
- Reporting to: Senior Procurement Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday- Friday
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Senior Procurement Manager to develop appropriate long term plans to deliver quality potatoes all year round to the packing facilities.
- Building strong and sustainable working relationships with growers.
- Communication of long term programmes to growers and suppliers.
- Development of medium term usage plans based on sales requirements, crop quality and supply availability.
- Negotiation of contract pricing to deliver the business objectives and budget.
- Regular communication of growing/storage conditions and information to the wider business and customers.
- Communication of quality and yield information to growers and suppliers.
- Completion and delivery of grower scorecards and supplier QIP’s.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of growing and procurement.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience gained in a Procurement, Trading or Technical role, preferably within the Potato environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels in order to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Applicants should be IT literate and possess a full driving licence