We are looking to recruit for the above new role to convert/build customer orders into the most efficient, up to date, production plan, ensuring that all resources (people/raw material/equipment) are in place to meet the plan at all times
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Production Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Shift: Night Shift 4 days on 4 days off (6.00 pm – 6.00 am) x 2 vacancies, (Annualised Hours contracts)
- To prepare the production plan for each product line for the week ahead, taking into account expected/historical customer orders, promotions, raw material availability and quality, and any other factor that could impact on the plan.
- To Sequence Grader, Washlines and Packlines in the most efficient manner
- To ensure depot splits are correct and that Production Orders have correct Production Components.
- To ensure correct quantity, size, variety, and farmer of potatoes are reserved to correct Pack Production Orders, to reserve more potatoes if required.
- To Sequence, Reserve and Allocate the first Production Orders of the following shift.
- To schedule maintenance requirements, trials/samples and other events into production plans, always ensuring orders are maintained.
- To identify the number of staff required for each stage of the process, check any gaps, and to advise/support the Shift Managers on agency staff requirements.
- To liaise with hauliers and coordinate with despatch team to ensure loads leave site on time to meet customer distribution depot times.
- To ensure that all relevant staff are made aware of any changes to plans or orders, and that they are and are using the most up to date versions of all plans at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- First class written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft applications.
- Proven analytical / logical approach and working methods.
- Remains calm under pressure. Focused on meeting deadlines.
- Thrives on change. Confident with all levels of personnel, able to communicate effectively and negotiate successfully.