Relief Forklift Drivers
As a relief forklift driver you will be a team member with forklift responsibilities. The team member’s role is to ensure the correct specified potatoes enter the packs and to ensure efficient packing and handling of the product to customer specification. Also you will be required to perform forklift duties to cover absence, holiday and busy periods.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £9.25 per hour Days/ £9.79 per hour Nights
- Hours of work: 6.00am-6.00pm days 4on 4off/ 6.00pm-6.00am nights 4on 4off
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- • To pack, label and stack product as required and directed, inline with customer requirements
- • To assess the product quality to customer specification
- • To comply with all Organic requirements and procedures
- • To ensure accurate checking of codes/dates/promotional labels
- • To build MU's (Moveable Units) for use when packing product
- • To ensure you check for errors; Foreign body/ damage/breaks at all times
- • To assist Machine Operator in the changeover process e.g. changing films, tubes and scanning batch sheets etc
- • To ensure finished packs are transported from production to the transport department in a safe manner
- • To ensure the production department is adequately supplied with the necessary equipment i.e. trays, MU’s, pallets, film etc.
- • To collect and deliver correct packaging to the production area from the packaging store.
Key Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
Have a valid Forklift licence ITSSAR,RTITB or AITT standard
Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
Have excellent communication and organisational skills
Be flexible (holiday and absence cover across all shifts as necessary)