Seed Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our team in Burrelton. As a Seed Sales Manager you will be responsible for securing seed sales to our ware grower base in Scotland as well as retail customers in the UK. You will also assist in planning seed production, monitoring seed stock levels and securing new seed suppliers. At peak times of the year you will assist with seed exports to various countries.
- Location: Burrelton
- Reporting to: Head of Seed
- Salary: Competitive
- • You will work closely with our ware customer base and procurement team to ensure that their seed requirements met with the highest quality available. You will be responsible for monitoring and improving service levels to our key customers.
- • You will also supply seed to non-GVAP retail customers who have dealt with us over many years.
- • Assisting in the planning of seed production required to supply our UK and Export customer base.
- • Assisting in the procurement and sourcing of high quality seed required to supply our key customers in the UK and abroad.
- • Monitoring levels of seed stocks on a weekly basis to ensure that the seed sales team have full knowledge of volume and varieties available for sale.
- • Visiting key customers regularly throughout the season to assess their needs and to check quality of seed delivered prior to planting.
- • Providing back-up to the Seed Export team at peak periods.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous commercial experience of sales or procurement in an agricultural or rural enterprise is essential.
- A good technical knowledge of potato production is desirable but full training in the crop will be given.
- The ability to plan and execute your own working week whilst working both on your own and as part of a larger team.
- Good organisation, communication and computer skills are required.
- A valid driver’s licence is also required.