Graduate Development Programme
- Graduate Development Programme
The deeper you dig, the greater the rewards and within Produce Investments, we are committed to our graduates nurturing talent and helping individuals achieve their full potential.
We have opportunities within our business for people who are simply passionate about a great career in the food industry - our programmes cover different areas within our business, including;
- Business and Finance - where you could take up a management role here in our agricultural, commercial, procurement, technical, operations, processing, HR or finance teams.
- Agriculture – where you could take up a management role within in our agronomy, seed, trading, procurement or technical teams
Over the duration of the two-year business programme offered, you will be based in different functions and locations working on real business projects that will be completed during each placement. Attention to detail with a planned approach to work is essential, fast paced deadlines are required to be met with high levels of responsibility. Our graduates will be working with differing levels of management and staff and so excellent communication is vital.
Produce Investments plc. is a leading operator in the fresh potato and daffodil sectors with a turnover in excess of £200m. We have up to 1,500 staff, 11 different sites/facilities around the country and have a significant presence in all of the UK’s key potato growing areas.
The group is split into three segments:
- Fresh - comprising of Greenvale AP, the Jersey Royal Company and Rowe Farming. Customers include a number of the UK’s leading retailers, wholesale and food service companies.
- Processing - Swancote Foods provides a number of food ingredient manufacturers in the UK with additive-free cooked potato products as well as raw potato ingredients.
- Other - including Greenvale Seed, a significant grower of seed potatoes and the Restrain Company which provides the only residue free solution for sprout suppression in stored potatoes and onions in the UK, Europe and other territories across the world.
- It is essential, that applicants have a demonstrable passion for the fresh produce industry,
- A full, clean driving license is essential, as is a willingness to travel and to relocate if necessary – our locations are Cambridgeshire, Cornwall, Jersey, Norwich, Scotland and Shropshire.
- You will require drive and enthusiasm to complete the programme, working on real business projects,
- Organised approach to work, achieving fast paced deadlines with high levels of responsibility,
- Excellent communication is vital.
The successful applicants will hold a degree which ideally will fit with the programme they are applying for.
- Salary £22,001-£24,500
- 31 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Life assurance and enrolment in the company bonus scheme.
- Company car may be offered dependant on the job role/placement.