As an Agronomy Assistant you will provide field support for the Produce Solutions team and assist the team members with their agronomy and crop intelligence data collection. Also to aid in the sampling of potato crops to ascertain relative yield and performance. This is a temporary position offered on a Fixed term contract.
- Reporting to: Senior Agronomist
- Salary: £8.50 per hour
- Hours of work: 39 hours per week Monday to Friday with overtime requirement
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sampling and quality analysis of potato crops in the field, during harvest and throughout storage.
- Assistance in collection of crop intelligence information from potato crops during the growing season e.g. measurement of canopy ground cover.
- QC’ing potato samples – recording and communicating the results to designated personnel.
- Assisting with variety trials and other in-house projects aimed at improving yield and/or quality.
- Providing support and assistance to the Produce Solutions agronomy team in their key objectives
- Involvement with a diverse range of potato crops and growing systems.
- Close co-operation and liaison with the procurement department and other members of the organisation to ensure Greenvale group objectives are met with shared crop intelligence.
- Involvement with internal research and development projects and trials delivering new technologies and varieties.
Key Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
This is a temporary role starting Early/Mid June through the summer months and would be ideally suited to a student looking for work over the summer break
Full driving licence
Knowledge and experience in use of Microsoft Office
Have the ability to work on own, under pressure, and solve problems swiftly and pragmatically
Show initiative, drive & enthusiasm
Good communication skills