Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for an Engineer to join the Engineering Department. This role includes working closely with all departments to respond to breakdowns and maintenance issues efficiently with a proactive approach.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £16.48-£18.21 per hour
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 0600-1800hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults and efficiently diagnose breakdown issues
- Install new parts and ensure equipment is running correctly
- Carry out maintenance inspections on machinery
- Supporting and providing training where necessary to Machine Operators regarding machine set up/technical issues
- Actively participating in projects / machinery installations ensuring deadlines are met to a high standard
- Ensuring all engineering downtime is recorded via daily job sheet as soon as you have finished the breakdown
- Ensuring planned maintenance work / repair work is undertaken promptly and that parts are booked out and replacements are ordered in good time to ensure availability for servicing
- Ensuring all paperwork is signed off correctly and accounted for at the end of the shift
- Assisting to implement and maintaining a Planned Preventative Maintenance system
- Actively participating in improving the department by implementing 5S
- Hold recognised qualification in either electrical or mechanical fields (ideally both)
- Have experience within FMCG environment, preferably within the food industry
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, plus staff sales, treat days, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and more!
If you have the skills and experience for this role please apply via our website or you can send your CV and covering letter to the HR Department at HR.FloodsFerry@greenvale.co.uk .