Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for an Engineer to join the Engineering Department. This role includes working closely with all departments to respond to breakdowns and maintenance issues efficiently with a proactive approach.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £17.68 per hour
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 0600-1800hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults and efficiently diagnose breakdown issues
- Install new parts and ensure equipment is running correctly
- Carry out maintenance inspections on machinery
- Supporting and providing training where necessary to Machine Operators regarding machine set up/technical issues
- Actively participating in projects / machinery installations ensuring deadlines are met to a high standard
- Ensuring all engineering downtime is recorded via daily job sheet as soon as you have finished the breakdown
- Ensuring planned maintenance work / repair work is undertaken promptly and that parts are booked out and replacements are ordered in good time to ensure availability for servicing
- Ensuring all paperwork is signed off correctly and accounted for at the end of the shift
- Assisting to implement and maintaining a Planned Preventative Maintenance system
- Actively participating in improving the department by implementing 5S
The ideal candidate will have served a minimum of a full apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering, with multi-skilled knowledge and experience working within planned and preventative maintenance schedules. Previous experience working with equipment such as motors, drives, conveyors and processing machinery within a high-speed automated environment is essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience of pneumatic cylinders & valves, sensors, motors and drives within an automated environment and the ability to work within a team or autonomously as required. It is essential for the candidate to have a strong multi-skilled background with the ability to fault find on a variety of production equipment. Other transferrable skills such as communication, attention to detail and flexibility are key to the success of this role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Kierman, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.