Engineering Team Leader
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our site based at Duns in the Scottish Borders is looking for an Engineering Team Leader to join the Engineering Department. This role includes leading a team, working closely with all departments to respond to breakdowns and efficiently dealing with maintenance issues.
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £19.00 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8.00-17.00 (with flexibility required)
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Routine maintenance work, responding to equipment faults and efficiently diagnosing breakdown issues
- Managing team performance and progress
- Maintenance inspections on machinery
- Supporting and providing training to Machine Operators regarding machine set up / technical issues
- Actively participating in and leading projects / machinery installations to a high standard, ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring planned maintenance work / repair work is undertaken promptly and that parts are booked out
- Ensuring all relevant administration is carried out
- Assisting to implement and maintaining a Planned Preventative Maintenance system
- Actively participating in continuously improving the department
- Ensuring you and others adhere to company procedures, policies, and guidelines
The ideal candidate will have, as minimum, served a full apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering, with multi-skilled knowledge and experience working within planned and preventative maintenance schedules. Previous experience leading a team and working with equipment such as motors, drives, conveyors and processing machinery within a high-speed automated environment is essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience of pneumatic cylinders, valves and sensors and the ability to work within a team or autonomously as required. It is essential for the candidate to have a strong multi-skilled background with the ability to fault-find on a variety of production equipment. Other transferrable skills such as communication, attention to detail and flexibility are key to the success of this role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. If you would like further information on the role, please call 01890 819531.