Forklift Driver - Linkway
To ensure finished packs are transported from Production to the Despatch department and also to ensure the Production department is adequately supplied with the necessary equipment.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £10.58 per hour
- Hours of work: Days, 4 on 4 off, 06:00-18:00hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Production department is adequately supplied with the necessary equipment i.e. trays, MU’s, pallets, film etc.
- To collect and deliver correct packaging to the Production area from the Packaging store.
- To ensure that all equipment e.g. MU's, trays, pallets and packaging etc are stored correctly and safely as appropriate
- To ensure effective communication at all times
- To load and unload vehicles as directed by your line manager
- To ensure that product is correctly loaded, secured on pallets and safely stored
- To ensure that stock is located and rotated accordingly
- To utilise downtime by cleaning and tidying line/ packaging store and/or work area e.g. wiping down, tidying up bags, sweeping up potatoes
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a valid Forklift license ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be flexible (holiday and absence cover across all shifts as necessary)