We are currently looking to recruit a HR Officer to join our team based in Telford, Shropshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for all operational HR, Payroll and Learning & Development activities at Swancote.
- Location: Telford
- Reporting to: HR Manager
- Salary: Competitive salary with benefits
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- • Co-ordinating recruitment and selection activity, including probation review.
- • Manage disciplinary, grievance and absence management activity, ensuring compliance with company policy.
- • Ensure regular communication with departmental managers to ensure appropriate provision of HR support.
- • Co-ordinate on-site time and attendance activity, ensuring accurate and timely provision of information to payroll. Complete HR monthly report, analysing and acting upon trends. Implement and co-ordinate employee appraisal process.
- • Ensure all employees are adequately trained in all relevant mandatory core skills and HSE practices, including management and delivery of induction and manual handling.
- • Ensure employees have appropriate training and technical skills in order to fulfil role requirements to a competent level, planning and organising training accordingly.
- • Assess and measure quality of training against set standards, evaluating training internally and externally.
- • Report monthly training activities against targets, KPI format.
- • Deliver Manual handling training and Substance Misuse training workshops.
- • Ensure the supply of agency labour is to company standards, Gangmaster Licence (GLA) active checks are carried out.
- • Conduct pre-usage and annual audits on labour providers and complete SEDEX web-based audit bi-annually. Co-ordinating ETI audit process.
- • Participate in 3rd party audits where required.
Key Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
The successful candidate will have:
Experience of working in a similar role
Have excellent planning, organisational and communication skills.
Share knowledge and skills, able to coach and mentor others.
Anticipate problems and be proactive with regards to solving them.
Excellent people management skills with good computer skills such as Microsoft packages.
Ideally have an understanding of B.R.C. and H.A.C.C.P. requirements, H&S, Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.