Greenvale AP Ltd is one of the UKs leading grower and packers of fresh potatoes in the UK, with sites in the Scottish Borders and Cambridgeshire. We are part of the Produce Investments group which employs up to 2,000 people and has a turnover of c£200m. We are looking to recruit an HSE Manager to join our team based at Floods Ferry site in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Group HSE Manager, you will manage HSE activities on site and have responsibility for providing the company with expert knowledge and an uncompromising, failsafe system of management in terms of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation. You will be the HSE ambassador and naturally strike a balance between the provision of pro-active support whilst insisting on compliance with company HSE procedures.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Group HSE Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Drive “Protect” our Behavioural Safety culture change programme.
- Advise Managers on HSE legislation and any changes to HSE policies and procedures as a result or otherwise.
- Manage risk assessment activity across the Greenvale sites and functions for which you have responsibility.
- Manage accident / incident investigation, liaising with the insurers and ensure all statutory and company requirements are met along with improvement recommendations.
- Collate all local HSE statistics and report accordingly.
- Manage site HSE audits, conduct HSE compliance inspections, along with other audits such as PUWER and environmental and report findings.
- Monitor site HSE performance and ensure site HSE Tracker corrective actions are raised and completed within agreed timescales.
- Manage site Health & Safety meetings and HSE briefings, along with attending site meetings such as the environmental and Management meeting.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and records maintained.
- Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance, and co-ordinate and deliver HSE training.
- Monitor compliance against statutory inspections for your site / functions of responsibility. Liaise with relevant authorities such as HSE, EHO, etc.
Skills and Attributes
You will have previous experience of working in a generalist HSE field / role, possess NEBOSH certification (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate a strong awareness and support of behavioural safety.
You will also have good attention to detail, be able to prioritise workloads and work within set deadlines along with excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills that will allow you to communicate and influence people at all levels in the business.
Lead Auditor or auditing experience along with Lean Management experience is desirable and full driving licence is essential.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package including competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension, income protection, life assurance and voluntary benefits.
To apply, please email [email protected]. No agencies please.