Hygiene Team Leader
This role is available either as a permanent role or can be offered as a 6 month temporary development role, candidate and experience dependant. Ensure hygiene standards throughout all factory areas. Cleaning procedures, practices and equipment are continually re-evaluated in line with best practise, customer guidelines and legislation. Responsible for ensuring that the required quality, safety, hygiene and environmental standards are implemented.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Site Services Manager
- Salary: £13.31 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, Nights, 22:00hrs-06:00hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage cleaning techniques and ensure cleaning instruction cards are up to date and relevant.
- To manage contract labour to ensure the completion of hygiene schedules to ensure plant and equipment are maintained to the highest standard.
- To respond to audit reports, corrective action summaries to ensure work is carried out to an agreed timescale and manner.
- To present to customers documentation to support the hygiene operation including chemical data sheets, training records and completion/sign off back to production records.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of customer audits/visits which may be announced or unannounced and ensure the team are clear on what is required of them.
- Ensure the communication of performance against KPI’s to all production personnel and implement corrective action as required to redress any failings.
- Ensure the storage of chemicals is in a safe manner to minimise the risk of hazard, to make sure you are holding the right amount volume of cleaning chemicals on stock.
- Monitor and control Hygiene quality and ensure corrective action is implemented as required to ensure product quality, safety and legality. Complete all paperwork required in an accurate and timely manner.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- 5 years in a production capacity
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent including Maths and English
- NEBOSH ( if available)
- Food Safety Level 3 & HACCP Level 3
- Good understanding of Microbiological risks of cross contamination (i.e. Listeria)
- To be open to new ideas and challenges every day, continually challenge yourself and others / strong people management skills
- Strong relationship and networking skills
- To be able to manage your working environment such that it is both safe and reflects a professional attitude