Intake Team Leader Forklift Driver
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Senior Forklift Driver for its Intake Department. This role includes supporting the Senior Team Leader with driving team performance and training, communicating with drivers, colleagues and other departments, ensuring production requirements are met and ensuring safety procedures are followed.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Intake Manager
- Salary: £11.85 per hour
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 0600-1800hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring the grading plan is met with all products to customer specification
- Assisting with driving team performance and compliance with safety procedures
- Covering and supporting the Senior Team Leader including shift handovers and training
- Conducting weekly briefings including performance figures
- Actively participating in improving your department by implementing Lean techniques.
- Ensuring all paperwork and control sheets are completed accurately with regular spot checks
- Being actively involved in internal audits
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of an intake department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Attention to detail, safety awareness, correct operation of FLT trucks, communication and prioritisation are key skills. Previous experience leading a small team would be beneficial. Due to the nature of this role, a valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.