Our Duns site based in the Scottish Borders is looking for a Machine Operator for its Production Department. This role includes safely running the weighing and bagging machines on the packing line and ensuring customer orders are met to specification.
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £11.76 per hour
- Hours of work: 06.00-18.00 hours
- Ensuring completion of all orders within customer specifications
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Completing all relevant checks and processes in line with company procedures, including start up checks, Navision 13 and quality checks
- Ensuring effective communication at all times with key colleagues and the Senior Team Leader
- Proactive interaction with the Engineers & Process technicians on machine related issues and opportunities
- Engaging in departmental continuous improvement activities
- Ensuring work area is tidy and safe at all times
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Communication and organisation skills
- Knowledge of operating packing machines would be preferred
- Experience in a similar manufacturing role would be beneficial, but full training will be provided for the right candidate
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and free potatoes!
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Sharon Mutch, HR Administrator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01890 819 518.