Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Machine Operator within its Production Department. This role includes safely running the weighing and bagging machines on the packing line, ensuring customer orders are met to specification and communicating with all departments.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £13.07 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, Nights, 18:00-02:30hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring completion of all orders within customer specifications
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Completing all relevant checks and processes in line with company procedures, including start up checks, Navision 13 and quality checks
- Ensuring effective communication at all times with key colleagues and the Senior Team Leader
- Proactive interaction with the Engineers & Process technicians on machine related issues and opportunities
- Engaging in departmental continuous improvement activities
- Ensuring work area is tidy and safe at all times
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Communication and organisation skills
- Knowledge of operating packing machines would be preferred
- Experience in a similar manufacturing role would be beneficial, but full training will be provided for the right candidate.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Kierman, HR Co-ordinator at HR.FloodsFerry@greenvale.co.uk . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672020.