We are currently looking to recruit for the position of Operations manager to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the production team in running an efficient and effective operation on a day to day basis; ensuring business objectives are met.
- Salary: Competitive
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Understand & use KPI’s to drive operational performance
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff, and provide direction and leadership for al factory operations including production and despatch
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health & safety, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Facilitate change management to achieve continuous improvements in a high paced production environment
- Ensure all plant operations and business are conducted in a safe and controlled environment
- Embrace and drive the LEAN agenda across the production team
- Ensure a safe working environment that meets all relevant Health & Safety standards
- As a member of the business unit Senior Management Team; work within a collaborative environment to drive the Swancote business
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have established experience within a senior food production management position, ideally within a high care environment. Strong commercial awareness working in a ‘just in time’ with a track record of embracing and driving change and improvement. Good all-rounder that understands engineering, supply chain, technical, and continuous improvement as well as operations. You should also be competent with Microsoft Office Programs.