Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for an Operations Trainer for its Learning & Development Department. This role includes working closely with the L&D Officer to support the co-ordination, delivery and assessment of training to all employees.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Learning & Development Officer
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 0800-1700
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Organisation and delivery of inductions for new starters, ensuring the appropriate knowledge transfer of the site information and procedures
- Training on the job Standard Operating Procedures ensuring full understanding of the requirements and Food Safety standards
- Co-ordinating all training documentation including tracking, electronically logging, filing and providing certification
- Ensuring all employees and agency workers are adequately trained in all relevant mandatory core skills e.g. induction, manual handling, HSE practices
- Liaising with Department Heads to ensure training delivery is appropriate and timely
- Participating in third party audits where required, providing training documentation for traceability and legal requirements in line with set standards
- Occasionally travelling to and working at other sites
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role within an operational facility and will hold or be training towards an L&D qualification. Confidence with presenting and training, attention to detail, flexibility, communication and organisation are key skills/attributes. Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be computer literate with the ability to work on their own initiative.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.