Payroll and Benefits Manager
We are looking to recruit for a Payroll and Benefits Manager who will have full responsibility for the management of all payroll and benefits activities for Produce Investments group companies. The successful candidate will have strong payroll management skills together with the ability to research, present and deliver new projects and initiatives.
- Location: Peterborough
- Reporting to: HR Director
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday- Friday (8.30-5.00)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 2
- Ensure payrolls are processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner including statutory payments, company sick pay, AEO’s, RTI submissions and bacs files submitted to the bank.
- Ensure tax year end procedures are carried out accurately including issuing P60’s, testing upgrades to payroll software, uplift of new tax codes etc.
- Manage outsourced international payroll company ensuring payrolls are processed accurately and on time, including net pay payments and payments to overseas authorities.
- Oversee the maintenance of in house T&A system and investigate issues.
- Ensure changes to hourly paid staff shift patterns are processed in a timely manner and set up new patterns as required.
- Ensure staff are assessed and processed accordingly with regards to auto-enrolment – manual assessments required.
- Ensure pension files are created and submitted following payrolls to the two company pension schemes.
- Deal with pension queries from employees, pension providers and advisors.
- Ensure all third party payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure company benefits (BIK) are processed accurately and P11D’s issued.
- Ensure PAYE Settlement Agreements are in place annually and calculate and submit payments in time.
- Promote and manage the pension salary sacrifice scheme including issuing annual statements.
- Manage the company risk policies including life assurance, income protection, private healthcare and personal accident.
- Ensure the LTIP, CSOP and SAYE scheme is processed accurately.
- Manage and promote voluntary benefits programme – Greenvale Goodies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of payroll and benefits management within manufacturing/agri sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Miracle Payroll beneficial.
- Experience of implementing new initiatives/systems.
- Full Driving Licence required.