We are looking to recruit for a new created salaried position of Planning Manager. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager with responsibility for coordinating site operational planning through a team of six reports.
The Planning Manager will build a strong working relationship with the teams and the site Warehousing, Packing and Despatch teams in order to control the smooth and cost effective movement of materials and finished product from suppliers through to the customer.
- Location: Floods Ferry
- Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday- Friday (40 hours)
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Development of Supply Chain functional plans. Responsible for cascading out Supply Chain objectives through their reporting teams and ensuring it is understood, owned and embedded.
- Ensures that a safe working environment exists for all employees within their team, applying the standards set out in the HSE policy.
- Applying Supply Chain best practice including Planning / Scheduling systems, Stock control and can actively contribute to the S&OP process
- Responsible for generating models based on forecast information, daily / weekly labour plans, pack plans, grading plans and stock plans that optimise efficiency, minimise cost and satisfy customer demand.
- Working with Procurement and supply base takes responsibility for the ordering of raw material and packaging.
- Ensures that Technical standards are achieved.
- Has appropriate team structures and resourcing in place.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a planning leadership and management role preferably in the Food Industry.
- Excellent Excel skills and capable of being the ERP champion.
- The successful candidate will understand planning best practice, supply chain and the application of Continuous Improvement
- Excellent presenter and communicator at all levels. Full Driving Licence required.