To carry out general production operations with regard to the processing of raw potatoes.
- Location: Telford
- Reporting to: Team Leader
- Salary: TBC
- Hours of work: rotating 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / or perm nigths 10pm - 6am
- Visual inspection of blanched and cooked whole / diced / sliced potato (or other food) with removal of any unsuitable product.
- Operation of packing machinery to deposit product into a variety of food grade containers.
- Manual handling, including packing and palletisation of finished product into the correct packaging as specified by the customer.
- Movement of caged product and finished pallets within the production unit
- Cleaning of machinery, work station, factory / bins and process components as instructed.
- Complying with all company hygiene / health and safety policies and practices.
- Complete any reasonable requests as per business requirements.
- Responsible for the health and safety of self and others.
- Actively report any accidents or near miss incidents.
- Safe use of production equipment, in line with training received
- Flexible in line with business needs
Skills & qualifications
- Basic communication skills.
- Effective team motivation.
- Have a good understanding of the process and the running of production