Quality Controller (Nights)
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking to recruit Quality Controllers within its Production Department. This role includes operating the Optical Graders to ensure the potatoes are packed to the correct quality standard and customer specification.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £12.57 per hour
- Hours of work: 1830-0300hrs, Monday-Friday
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Monitoring product quality on the line and adjusting machine settings to ensure compliance with customer specifications
- Ensuring all relevant optical grading and quality checks are carried out correctly in a timely manner
- Communicating product and performance issues to the Senior Team Leader
- Monitoring waste levels
- Conducting positive release inspections
- Taking appropriate action re complaints or rejections
- Liaising with Senior Team Leaders and Engineering on line breakdown or other issues
- Participating in performance briefings by bringing forward ideas for improvement
- Attention to detail with analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team sharing knowledge and skills
- Communication and organisation skills
- Knowledge of customer requirements and quality specifications
- Understanding of B.R.C. and H.A.C.C.P. requirements
- Computer skills e.g. Microsoft word/excel
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, plus staff sales, treat days, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and more!
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Kierman, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.