Quality Team Member (Nights)
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for Quality Team Members within its Technical Department on a part-time basis. This role includes operating Optical Graders, ensuring product quality standards, carrying out product testing tests and recording and communicating results with other departments.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Quality Manager
- Salary: £11.52 per hour
- Hours of work: 1800-0230hrs, Monday-Friday
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Record and communicate any product or performance issues
- Monitor waste levels to agreed performance targets
- Operate the Celox/Oculus Optical Graders in accordance with procedures
- Monitor product quality on the line and adjust machine settings accordingly to ensure customer specifications are met
- Carry out Positive Release Inspections
- Undertake finished product quality assurance checks and Blue Dye tests
- Visually checking packaging print, colour, clarity and taking appropriate action
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of customer requirements and quality specifications from a similar environment. Good planning, organisation and communication, basic IT and the ability to work as part of a team are all key skills for this role. Previous experience within a similar environment will provide a better understanding of the role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.