Relief Forklift Driver
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Relief Forklift Driver within the Production Department. This role includes setting up packing programmes, monitoring correct levels of equipment on the line, keeping the packer stocked with trays and pack/stack on non-automated lines. In addition you would be required to perform allocated forklift truck duties as and when needed to cover holidays, sickness and busy periods.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Salary: £9.61 per hour
- Hours of work: 0600-1800hrs, 4 on 4 off
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Building Moveable Units (MUs) for use when packing product
- Checking for errors and reporting to the Senior Team Leader any foreign bodies/ damage/ poor quality print immediately
- Assisting the Machine Operator in the product changeover process including inputting programmes into the packing machines
- Effectively communicating at all times
- Ensure adherence to company procedures, policies and guidelines
- Collecting and delivering correct packaging to the production area
- Ensuring production is adequately supplied with the necessary equipment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment and can demonstrate attention to detail, safety awareness and correct operation of FLT trucks. Communication and organisation are also key skills. Due to the nature of this role, a valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required.
If you have the skills and experience we require please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.