Relief Quality Team Leader
To maintain Celox / Oculus optical grader operation, optimising product quantity and quality throughput. Support the QCQA Manager and Technical Function in as aspects on Technical Assurance. Ensure the efficient and effective running of the Quality Team. While providing our Customers with product that meets specification at all times.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: QCQA Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday 18:00hrs-02:30hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilties
- Communicate any product or performance issues while continually monitoring waste levels/ agreed performance targets.
- Develop, monitor and manage systems to maintain an efficient optical quality grading process.
- Follow all operator procedures outlined in the Operating Manuals for the Celox / Oculus, and any additional maintenance / machine tasks set by site engineering.
- Monitor product quality on the line and adjust machine settings accordingly to ensure customer specification compliance.
- Undertake Blue Dye testing on high risk and known problematic product lines and raw material.
- Record any issues found on Navision, investigate the root cause and take appropriate action.
- Carry out Positive Release Inspections.
- Visually check packaging print/colour/clarity and take appropriate action for any discrepancies identified.
- Monitor product quality through shelf life (incl. Gas Analysis testing), document and communicate any concerns accordingly.
- Undertake finished product quality assurance checks. Record findings and highlight any discrepancies to Quality Team Leaders, re-assess to ensure the product meets specification.
- Carry out Gas Analysis testing and communicate results accordingly.
- Monitor shelf life quality, document and communicate any concerns accordingly
- Calibration of temperature probes weekly and communicate any issues
- Conduct Weekly/Daily Audits.
- Be aware of all customer complaints or rejections, where relevant communicate to your team and take appropriate action.
- Carry out daily performance management briefings with your team ensuring all relevant information is readily available and accurate prior to delivery.
Key Attributes, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have experience leading a team within a Quality role.
- Be a decision maker, able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of customer requirements and quality specifications.
- Excellent planning skills, organisational and communication skills.
- Basic / intermediate food hygiene certificate.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Navision.
- Ability to remain impartial and show fairness; demonstrate consistency when dealing with difficult situations.
- Anticipate problems and be proactive with regards to solving them.