Relief Senior Team Leader (Despatch)
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site, based in March, is looking for a Relief Senior Team Leader for its Despatch Department. This role includes covering the Senior Team Leader ensuring safe practices at work, communicating with hauliers, colleagues and other departments to ensure order requirements are met. When not covering, the role includes transporting finished goods within the Despatch area.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Despatch Manager
- Salary: £11.85 per hour
- Hours of work: 0600-1800hrs, 4 on 4 off
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring all orders for delivery/collection are executed correctly
- Ensuring haulier departure times are met
- Liaising with the Planning Department regarding product availability
- Covering the Senior Team Leader to include conducting daily Despatch briefings and distributing workload to the Despatch team
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy of paperwork
- Performing internal audits
The ideal candidate will have experience of leading a team in a manufacturing environment and can demonstrate good attention to detail, safety awareness, numeracy, prioritisation, communication and organisational skills. Knowledge of a Despatch department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Due to the nature of the role, a valid forklift licence is required at an ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.