Seed Technical Manager
Reporting to the Head of Seed you will be responsible for working with our Scottish seed supply base. You will have overall responsibility for all technical matters in relation to the seed crops we are purchasing from suppliers.
- Location: Burrelton
- Reporting to: Head of Seed
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
- A strong presence out on farm working with our Scottish seed supply base on all technical areas of seed potato production. This will include land selection, planting recommendations, growing crop advice and burn down schedules, implementing and enforcing harvesting and grading protocols.
- The selection of specific seed stocks for key customers in both the UK and export countries.
- Ensuring chosen seed stocks are graded at the correct time and to the correct quality for each customer’s requirements. Keeping growers updated on all relevant technical aspects of the crop.
Skills and qualifications
- Previous experience of working with potatoes or other field crops is essential.
- A proven track record of providing a high level of technical support to growers is also required.
- BASIS and FACTS qualification is desirable but not required.
- The ability to plan and execute your own working week whilst working either on your own or as part of a larger team.
- Good organisation, communication and computer skills are required.
- A valid driver’s licence is also required.