Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Engineering Department. This role includes leading a team, working closely with all departments to respond to breakdowns and proactively and efficiently dealing with maintenance issues.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £18.98 per hour
- Hours of work: 1800-0245, Monday-Friday
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Carry out routine maintenance work, respond to equipment faults and efficiently diagnose breakdown issues
- Managing team performance and progress
- Carry out maintenance inspections on machinery
- Supporting and providing training where necessary, e.g. to Machine Operators regarding machine set up/technical issues
- Actively participating in and leading projects / machinery installations to a high standard, ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring planned maintenance work / repair work is undertaken promptly
- Ensuring all associated administration is undertaken
- Assisting to implement and maintaining a Planned Preventative Maintenance system
- Actively participating in improving the department by implementing 5S
- Ensuring the constant operation of the Cascade system whilst overseeing the operators
The ideal candidate will have, as minimum, served of a full apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering, with multi-skilled knowledge and experience working within planned and preventative maintenance schedules. Previous experience leading a team and working with equipment such as motors, drives, conveyors and processing machinery within a high-speed automated environment is essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience of pneumatic cylinders, valves and sensors and the ability to work within a team or autonomously as required. It is essential for the candidate to have a strong multi-skilled background with the ability to fault-find on a variety of production equipment. Other transferrable skills such as communication, attention to detail and flexibility are key to the success of this role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.