Shift Maintenance Engineer
To ensure all day to day engineering activities are completed effectively, efficiently and safely on site, supporting the Engineering Team Leader. Facilitate Production with reactionary maintenance and the Engineering team by carrying out planned preventative maintenance.
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Rotating Mon – Sun: 6am – 6pm
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure prompt delivery of engineering solutions.
- Meet targets and maintain Key Performance Indicators.
- To ensure planned preventative maintenance and remedial work are completed in a timely manner.
- To attend breakdowns and ensure downtime is monitored and recorded for improvement purposes.
- To ensure continuous improvements of safety and performance.
- To effectively communicate with the Team Leader, Chief Engineer and key personnel on shift/other departments - including giving feedback and smooth handovers.
- To attend and participate in daily Production meetings, understanding all planned works.
- To support Production requirements.
- To ensure all department checks are carried out in a timely manner (e.g. emergency lights, PAT, emergency stop etc).
- To report to the Team Leader on a regular and informal basis, details of any unplanned downtime, and any other such problems which occur that might impact adversely on customer service.
- To assist and support the Team Leader in the development and implementation of a rolling plan for continuously improving the manufacturing operation.
- To deal with contractors on site, in line with Company procedures - including accurate completion of work permits.
- To ensure all Risk Assessments are completed in line with Company procedures.
- To help promote a continuous improvement culture throughout all areas of work.
- To maintain accuracy in record keeping systems – both manual and computerised where applicable.
- To attend and participate in regular team briefings.
Key Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
- C&G/ONC/HNC Electrical/Mechanical qualifications required.
- Hands on Mechanical bias with a good practical knowledge of electrical and hydraulic maintenance.
- Have had previous experience working within a production/manufacturing environment (ideally but not essential within a food processing environment).
- Flexibility to change shift pattern/working hours at short notice in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Be uncompromising where Health, Safety and welfare are concerned.
- PC literate
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated and able to work on own and as part of a small team.
- Food safety policies and procedure knowledge.