Site Maintenance Technician
To ensure that all site maintenance tasks are fully carried out in a safe and effective manner, in order to maintain the site standard thus ensuring that we meet all customer and 3rd Party Audit Standards. When covering, ensure the Cascade Plant runs smoothly and efficiently, as and when required.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00 (flexibility required to cover shifts)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure annual site maintenance schedules are adhered to and maintenance is carried out where necessary.
- To ensure all corrective actions issued are carried out within the timescales given.
- To ensure effective communication at all times.
- To report to the Engineering Manager on a regular and informal basis during the shift, details of unplanned downtime, and any other such problems which occur that might impact adversely on Customer Service.
- To carry out minor civil engineering task i.e. concrete repairs or drainage.
- To carry out minor plumbing repairs and installations.
- Painting and decorating and minor repairs to doors, locks, windows, strip curtains.
- Maintaining the site tools in good order and contribute to keeping the site tidy and safe.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining a PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) system.
- To actively ensure the engineering parts store is stocked at all times ensuring the “parts request” form is fully completed.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- To have experience working within a similar role
- To have an interest in machinery and other technologies, e.g. computers
- Good numeracy skills
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to Company procedures
- Be a team player
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to problem solve
- Be flexible
- Be self-motivated