We are now looking for a talented individual to undertake the role of Technical Manager/Agronomist. The job is predominantly field based although some cross over into the packing and processing side of the company’s operations will be required.
- Location: Jersey
- Reporting to: Technical Director
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: TBC - Flexible
- Working closely with the production, technical and sales teams on all aspects of crop production
- Helping to plan crop programmes
- Liaising with and advising a small group of contract growers
- Overseeing the use of production inputs
- Running a large trials programme
- Preparing for and undertaking a range of third party audits including Assured Produce, Nurture, Field to Fork, Soil Association organic audits
- Liaising with the technical teams of a range of retail customers
- Developing new initiatives
- Producing comprehensive reports
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level in agriculture or a related discipline.
- Basis and FACTs as well as agronomic
- Retailer facing experience are strongly preferred.
- A methodical approach and computer literacy.
- It is essential that the candidate is able to work on their own initiative, and as part of a team.
As well as an opportunity to live and work in Jersey, an attractive remuneration package, including subsidised accommodation, relocation assistance and an attractive tax rate is available to the right candidate.