Greenvale Growing Team Member
Greenvale Growing produces over 20,000 tonnes of potatoes annually. We grow in the Scottish Borders and North Northumberland, all of which is produced for some of the country’s largest retailers. Our Growing Team based in the Scottish Borders is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team. Reporting to the Growing Operations Manager you will be responsible for assisting the team during planting, irrigation, harvest and workshop maintenance.
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Growing Operations Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm, Friday 8.00 am – 3.30 pm. Given the nature of the role, you will be expected to work longer hours throughout the contract during planting, irrigation and harvest.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Planting – drive a tractor with a destoner
- Irrigation – set up irrigation equipment in the fields. Assist with the operation and maintenance of the equipment throughout the season when required
- Harvest – drive a tractor and trailer. Running alongside the harvester, your potato boxes will be filled and you take them to the stores to be unloaded
- Workshop - general machinery maintenance
The ideal candidate will be flexible to change working hours at short notice in accordance with the needs of the business
Will be a self-motivated team player
Will have a valid driving licence and understanding of agricultural machinery are essential criteria for this role
A telescopic and counterbalance forklift licence will be advantageous
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to Sharon Mutch, HR Administrator at [email protected]apply for this job