Temporary Growing Team Member (until 31st October 2020)
We have an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to kick start their career in agriculture, taking on the role of temporary Team Member within our potato growing operation and production facility in Duns.
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Greenvale Growing Operations Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Friday 8.00 – 3.30 pm (Given the nature of the role, you will be expected to work longer hours throughout the contract during planting, irrigation and harvest)
- Planting – drive a tractor with a destoner.
- Irrigation – set up irrigation equipment in the fields. Assist with the operation and maintenance of the equipment throughout the season when required.
- Harvest – drive a tractor and trailer. Running alongside the harvester you will get your boxes filled and take them to the stores to be unloaded.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have tractor license and experience. You will be an excellent team player with good communication skills and an ability to deliver tasks efficiently and on time.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
- Must hold a valid driving licence.
- A valid forklift licence would be beneficial but not essential.
- An understanding of agricultural machinery would be beneficial.
- Flexibility to change working hours at short notice in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Health & Safety.
If you would like to apply for the position, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to Sharon Mutch, HR Administrator, Greenvale AP Ltd, Craigswalls, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3PZ or e-mail [email protected]