To provide field support for the Produce Solutions agronomy and trials teams. To assist the team members in all aspects of their roles, whilst building on the experience and knowledge gained to create a new agronomy role for themselves.
- Location: Salaried
- Reporting to: Business Unit Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday (with flexibility)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing support and assistance to the Produce Solutions agronomy team in their key objectives
- Close involvement with Produce Solutions Trials team in setting up, monitoring, and recording field trials.
- Training towards BASIS and FACTS qualifications
- Assistance in sampling and quality analysis of potato crops in the field, during harvest and throughout storage.
- Assistance in collection of crop intelligence information from commercial and trials crops during the growing season e.g. measurement of canopy ground cover.
- Seeking to identify opportunities with new growers, whilst supporting the team in servicing existing clients
- Involvement with internal projects delivering new technologies and varieties.
- Provision of best practice advice to growers on all aspects of potato production.
- Involvement with a diverse range of potato crops and growing systems.
- Delivery of a quality service in its broadest sense, which exceeds customer expectations.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally a degree in Agriculture or a related discipline.
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge and experience in use of Microsoft Office
- Have the ability to work on own, under pressure, and solve problems swiftly and pragmatically.
- Show initiative, drive & enthusiasm.