Wash Area Cleaner
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Wash Area Cleaner for its Wash Area Department. This role includes following cleaning schedules for de-stoners and washer barrels using predominately pressure washers, communicating with colleagues and other departments and general hygiene of the Wash Area.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Intake Manager
- Salary: £9.61 per hour
- Hours of work: 0600-1800hrs, 4 on 4 off
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring cleaning schedules and lock-off procedures are adhered to.
- Complying with Organic potato requirements.
- Ensuring ‘clean as you go’ procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures.
- Ensuring effective communication at all times.
- Participating in daily performance briefings, bringing forward ideas for improvement.
- Actively participating in improving your department.
- Adhering to Company procedures, policies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of a Wash Area department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Attention to detail, safety awareness, communication and organisation are key skills. Candidate’s must be able to work on their own initiative and be self-motivated.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.