Wash Area Forklift Driver
To ensure that the supply of raw materials to the packing lines is conducted in a timely and accurate manner to minimise downtime.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Despatch & Wash Area Manager
- Salary: £10.99 per hour
- Hours of work: 18:00hrs - 02:30hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the supply of raw materials to the packing lines is conducted in a timely and accurate manner to minimise downtime.
- To scan all products into lines ensuring accuracy at all times.
- To select and locate stock.
- To ensure effective communication at all times.
- Always ensure you adhere to company procedures, policies and guidelines.
- To maintain accuracy in record keeping systems - both manual and computerised where applicable.
- To comply with all Organic requirements and procedures.
- To utilise downtime by cleaning and tidying line and/or work area e.g. wiping down, tidying up bags, sweeping up potatoes etc, ensuring the ‘clean as you go’ procedure is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the safe operation of machinery in accordance with the safe system of work e.g. Barrels / De Stoner, box tipper etc.
- To support operator lead maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
- Be a team player, decision maker, able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be flexible (holiday and absence cover across all shifts as necessary)
- Have a valid Forklift licence ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard.