Wash Area Forklift Driver
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Forklift Driver for its Wash Area Department. This role includes safely supplying potatoes to the packing lines via the washing barrels, communicating with colleagues and other departments and ensuring production requirements are met.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Intake Manager
- Salary: £11.64 per hour
- Hours of work: 1830-0300, Monday-Friday
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- FLT Operation.
- Scanning boxes to allocated production lines.
- Ensuring the correct stock is selected and accordingly delivered.
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures.
- Ensuring effective communication at all times.
- Supporting maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- Participating in daily performance briefings, bringing forward ideas for improvement.
- Actively participating in improving your department by implementing Lean techniques.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of a Wash Area department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Attention to detail, safety awareness, correct operation of FLT trucks, communication and organisation are key skills. Due to the nature of this role, a valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.apply for this job