Despatch Forklift Driver (Palletizer)
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Forklift Driver for its Despatch Department. This role includes accurately scanning and moving finished goods within the area, communicating with drivers, colleagues and other departments, and reporting equipment maintenance issues.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Despatch Manager
- Salary: £11.52 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 1800-0230hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring correct scanning of all finished goods.
- Moving stock to stores or to production areas accurately scanning, optimising space within the area.
- Ensuring stock is located and rotated accordingly.
- Communicating effectively at all times.
- Supporting operator led maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- Actively participating in improving your department by implementing 5S.
- Assisting Linkway and Despatch as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of a Despatch department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role but is not essential. Attention to detail will benefit the role with safety awareness, correct operation of FLT trucks, communication and organisation are key skills. Due to the nature of this role, a valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.