Assistant Growing Manager
Joining Greenvale AP means you will be part of one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes. We supply some of the country’s largest retailers and processers – you’ve probably eaten our potatoes (and loved them)! Reporting to the Growing Manager, you will co-ordinate and manage the Growing operations, planning and managing all field operations including crop production, staffing, purchasing and applying agro-chemicals, and storage of crop from harvest to delivery. Your role will work in conjunction with other departments and external stakeholders ensuring the Growing team meets all crop protocols at the highest level. From Labour to Landlords you will be co-ordinating crucial parts of the business strategy to ensure compliance and a successful growing yield.
- Location: Norwich
- Reporting to: Growing Manager
- Salary: Competitive + Vehicle
- Hours of work: 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday (flexibility required)
- Planning all field operations e.g. staffing, crop production and machinery requirements
- Sourcing and negotiating suitable land and land rents
- Co-ordinating and managing the purchasing of parts and consumables plus stock control
- Managing all statutory inspections required to ensure compliance
- Delivering monthly reports monitoring crop yield and quality
- Managing and purchasing machinery/vehicles required, ensuring maintenance and appropriate records are kept up to date
This role presents an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with a strong interest in agriculture looking to join a Company with a passion for fresh produce.
A strong work ethic combined with effective communication and an understanding of budgetary requirements will enable you to support the business strategy.
With a team of Greenvale employees, agency workers and contractors you will be able to develop your managerial skills.
A full UK driving licence and a Counterbalance Forklift Licence are essential for this role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Kierman, HR Co-ordinator at HR.FloodsFerry@greenvale.co.uk . If you would like further information on the role, please call 07734494626.