Intake Forklift Driver
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Forklift Driver for its Intake Department. This role includes safely unloading lorries, communicating with drivers, colleagues and other departments, and ensuring production requirements are met.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Intake Manager
- Salary: £11.52 per hour
- Hours of work: 1800-0230, Monday-Friday
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scanning boxes to allocated location ensuring all boxes have relevant documentation attached.
- Ensuring stock is located and rotated accordingly.
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures.
- Supporting maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- Participating in daily performance briefings, bringing forward ideas for improvement.
- Actively participating in improving your department by implementing Lean techniques.
- Assisting with set-up of Dijkstra and Herbert Graders – training will be provided.
- Performing product quality checks, when required.
Key Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of an intake department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Attention to detail will benefit the role with safety awareness, correct operation of FLT trucks, communication and organisation are key skills. Due to the nature of this role, a valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.