Intake Forklift Driver
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Forklift Driver for its Intake Department. This role includes safely unloading lorries, communicating with drivers, colleagues and other departments, and ensuring production requirements are met.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Senior Team Leader
- Salary: £11.76 or £12.57 per hour (shift dependent)
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off 0600-1800 or Monday-Friday Nights 1830-0300
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scanning boxes to allocated location ensuring all boxes have relevant documentation attached.
- Ensuring stock is located and rotated accordingly.
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures.
- Supporting maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- Participating in daily performance briefings, bringing forward ideas for improvement.
- Actively participating in improving your department by implementing Lean techniques.
- Assisting with set-up of Dijkstra and Herbert Graders – training will be provided.
- Performing product quality checks, when required.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail
- Safety awareness
- Communication and organisation skills
- Valid Forklift licence of ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard is required
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, plus staff sales, treat days, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and more!