Quality Auditor (2 on 6 off)
Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking to recruit a Part-time Quality Auditor within its Quality Department on a Fixed Term Contract of approx. 1 year. This role includes auditing, monitoring and evaluating internal systems and procedures, whilst supporting the Operations team with technical knowledge, promoting Food Safety standards and customer requirements.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Quality and Compliance Manager
- Salary: £13.97 per hour
- Hours of work: 2 on 6 off, 0600-1800hrs
- Support every aspect of auditing of our quality system program, including audit planning, implementation, feedback, and re-audit assessments as required
- Identify areas requiring training and ensure they are addressed within given time frame
- Evaluate production processes for compliance with quality requirements
- Carry out verification / competency checks
- Prepare, participate, and present in 3rd party audits
- Conduct pre- and post-audit debriefs with the department managers
- Conduct full traceability exercises
- Conduct swabbing and sampling against risk assessed schedule
- Effectively analyse data to identify areas of weakness or non-compliance
- Monitor trials and NPD (when applicable) regarding shelf life/quality/ Gas levels
- Conduct full quality shelf-life analysis and report findings/improvement actions
- Support the Quality and Compliance Manager with any issues relating to product quality, including customer complaints, rejections or withdrawals and to deputise when required
- Relevant experience of working within a technical department and be able to demonstrate a passion for Quality Assurance.
- Good knowledge of customer requirements, fresh produce, and quality specifications
- Good planning, organisational and communication skills
- Auditing skills (including good attention to detail and the ability to investigate)
- Analytical - ability to interpret, understand and explain data
- Anticipate problems and be proactive with regards to solving them.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft packages e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Navision.
- Understanding of B.R.C. and H.A.C.C.P requirements along with Food Safety and H.A.C.C.P. Level 2 qualifications would be desirable but not essential. However, a willingness to learn and attend relevant training is.
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, plus staff sales, treat days, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and more!
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Kierman, HR Co-ordinator at HR.FloodsFerry@greenvale.co.uk . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.