Potato Sampler (Seasonal FTC)
Produce Solutions are potato agronomists and trials specialists, working across all the major potato growing regions of GB providing agronomy, technical support and commercial trials for all aspects of potato production. We provide strategic support to growers, using our experience and knowledge of potato agronomy and the current potato market to assist growers and help them create a strategy for their potato enterprise that best utilises their resources and capabilities. Our team can work alongside a customer’s existing agronomy resource, providing the additional specialist potato knowledge that today’s market requires. Our site based in Newport, Shropshire is looking for Seasonal Potato Sampler to provide field support for the Produce Solutions team. This role includes assisting the team with collecting data for their agronomy and crop intelligence and sampling potato crops to check yield and performance.
- Location: Shropshire
- Salary: £10.21 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, hours to be confirmed at interview
- Sampling and analysing potatoes crops in the field and during harvest, recoding and communicating the results
- Assisting in collecting information for crop intelligence
- Liaising with other departments to ensure objectives are met
- Assisting with variety trials and other in-house projects to improve yield and quality
- Becoming involved with internal research and development projects and trials to help deliver new technologies and varieties
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to use initiative and work independently, under pressure and to solve problems quickly
- Good communication skills
- Due to the nature of this role a full driving licence is required, a company vehicle will be supplied.