We have an exciting position at our potato packing facility in Duns, Berwickshire and we offer an excellent remuneration package and development opportunities in return. We require a Multi-Skilled Engineer to support our team of engineers by carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance as required to maintain optimum equipment performance.
- Location: Duns
- Reporting to: Engineering Team Leader
- Hours of work: 4 days on 4 days off (6.00 am - 6.00 pm)
- You will ensure the prompt and safe delivery of all engineering solutions and you will attend breakdowns, ensuring all downtime is monitored and recorded as part of our continuous improvement plan
- You will ensure that all department checks, such as emergency lights, PAT and emergency stops, are completed in line with company procedures
- When dealing with contractors on site, you will oversee the accurate completion of work, whilst ensuring that all risk assessments are completed to support production requirements
- As a key member of the engineering team, you will also be required to attend and participate in production/departmental meetings and briefings
- You will also be required to work flexibly to meet peak periods
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
You will possess a City & Guilds / ONC / HNC (or equivalent) in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
You must have a mechanical bias with good practical knowledge of electrical and hydraulic maintenance.
‘Hands on’ experience working within a production / manufacturing environment.
Excellent communication skills and a clear understanding of health & safety.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter (stating current salary) to Sharon Mutch, HR Department, Greenvale AP Ltd, Craigswalls, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3PZ or
e-mail [email protected]