Health & Safety Manager
Rowe Farming is one of the largest growers and packer of Daffodils as a cut flower in the UK, supplying both Export and UK retail Markets. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Manager to join the team and manage health and safety activities in accordance with legislation and best practice. You will provide the company with expert knowledge of health and safety, working collaboratively with the management team to ensure the site and areas of the business are compliant and audit ready. During peak daffodil season, you will support the Production Team, ensuring all company and departmental regulations and guidelines are adhered to by all team members (e.g. health, safety and hygiene).
- Location: Cornwall
- Reporting to: Sales Director
- Salary: To be discussed at interview
- Hours of work: 0800-1700hrs, Monday-Friday (with the ability to work flexibly to meet seasonal business requirements
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are created, adhered to and updated.
- Work collaboratively in supporting all departments to ensure they are operating safely and legally with regards to H&S.
- Manage near miss reporting and ensure all accidents are documented and RIDDORs reported.
- Perform regular site H&S inspections.
- Ensure the completion and review of relevant risk assessments.
- Lead and manage internal and external H&S audits.
- Manage and process relevant accreditations.
- Deliver H&S training and manage H&S meetings.
- Develop and execute H&S plans in accordance with legislation.
- Demonstrable record in H&S over the past 3-5 years.
- NEBOSH General Certificate Diploma or equivalent; NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management and be trained and competent in COSHH and IOSH Managing Safely.
- Strong communication and influential skills.
- Self-motivated and confident in taking the lead.
- Ability to adapt to change and varying priorities.
- Willingness to assist and support other areas of the business, as required.