Management Trainee - Seed
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and is also a major supplier of seed potatoes. We are looking for a Management Trainee to support and develop our Seed business, based in Burrelton. This role will involve working within all areas of seed production and sales, allowing you to gain a broad overall knowledge of this importance sector.
- Location: Burrelton
- Salary: Competitive + car allowance + bonus + benefits
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, Full-Time
- Building a strong on-farm presence.
- Working with our Seed supply base.
- Crop inspections, store sampling, contract negotiations.
- Assisting the sales team, selecting seed stocks for UK and Export customers.
- Overseeing quality and grading of seed stocks.
- Assisting the technical team with crop improvement projects.
- Helping with planting and harvesting of variety trials.
- Learning and contributing positively.
- Identifying specific areas of interest to establish a successful career.
- Demonstrating flexibility in approach.
- Previous experience of working with potatoes or other field crops is desirable but not essential.
- A passion for rural affairs and the farming community.
- The ability to plan and execute your working week whilst either working on your own or part of a team.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Ability and willingness to continue your development.
Competitive salary and vehicle allowance, bonus scheme, 32 days holiday and the opportunity for professional development.