Quality and Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Technical Director, we require a Quality and Compliance Manager to champion quality standards through the growing, harvesting and packing process, in order to achieve customer and business goals. This role includes ensuring all required systems are in place to consistently manage food safety, technical, quality standards and legal compliance of product.
The Jersey Royal Company operates from a number of key sites across the island of Jersey and has been established for over 20 years, growing, packing and supplying the internationally recognised and protected Jersey Royal new potato to a wide number of retailers in the UK.
Farming around 8,300 vergées (1,800 ha) annually across 1800 fields, and employing around 450 staff, we produce and pack approximately 20,000 tonnes per year.
- Location: Jersey
- Reporting to: Technical Director
- Salary: Competitive salary, subsidised accommodation, fuel expenses
- Hours of work: 08:00-17:00 (40 hours per week), Mon – Fri, with ability to work flexibly during peak season
- Lead the site Quality Management Systems
- Lead 3rd party and internal audits, whilst developing food safety and quality culture
- Plan and manage NPD/EPD and trials process
- Lead, manage and develop the Technical Team and ensure activities are planned
- Work in conjunction with cross functional management team
- Support the customer facing teams with any issues relating to product quality
- Support business initiatives as required, e.g. charities, social media, liaison with local government
- Proven and demonstrable experience as a Technical or Quality Manager within a food manufacturing environment
- HACCP L3, Food Safety L3
- Internal Auditor/Lead Auditor
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring a team
- Ability to bring investigations and/or projects to a successful conclusion
- Competent with Microsoft applications
- Proactive, self-driven and dynamic
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Jill Jamieson, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like further information on the role, please call Jill on 07771 547 705.