Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Cascade Operator to join the Engineering Department. This role includes ensuring the bespoke Cascade water recycling Plant runs smoothly and efficiently to safeguard production at the packing site.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £11.52 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 1800-0230hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Working alongside Engineers with planned maintenance and breakdowns
- Monitoring chemicals, water and power usages
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- Conducting regular checks including HACCP, PH levels, temperature etc.
- Operating and cleaning the soil press
- Reporting all anomalies to the Engineering Department
- Operating the Scada systems (software operating platform)
- Ensuring regular changeover of chemical IBCs (Intermediate Bulk Containers)
- Ensuring effective communication at all times
- Conducting relevant checks on the Cascade System equipment, ensuring any issues are resolved or reported
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role and hold a valid Forklift Licence to an ITSARR, AITT or RTITB standard. They will be able to pay close attention to detail, make decisions, have the ability to prioritise and work under pressure. Process fault finding experience and the ability to perform route cause analysis will benefit the successful candidate. Other transferrable skills such as communication, flexibility and organisation are key to the success of this role.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.