Greenvale AP Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. The Vacancy Our Floods Ferry site based in March, Cambridgeshire is looking for a Cascade Operator within its Engineering Department. This role includes ensuring the bespoke Cascade water recycling Plant runs smoothly and efficiently to safeguard production at the packing site.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Salary: £12.23 per hour
- Hours of work: 06:00-18:00hrs, 4 on 4 off Day Shift Pattern
- Working alongside Engineers with planned maintenance and breakdowns
- Monitoring chemicals, water and power usages
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- Conducting regular checks including HACCP, PH levels, temperature etc.
- Operating and cleaning the soil press
- Reporting all anomalies to the Engineering Department
- Operating the Scada systems (software operating platform)
- Ensuring regular changeover of chemical IBCs (Intermediate Bulk Containers)
- Ensuring effective communication at all times
- Conducting relevant checks on the Cascade System equipment, ensuring any issues are resolved or reported
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar role and hold a valid Forklift Licence to an ITSARR, AITT or RTITB standard
- Experience in process fault finding
- Ability to perform route cause analysis
- Technical cleaning knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and using own initiative
We also offer a full training programme, opportunity to develop, plus staff sales, treat days, pension scheme, life assurance, loyal service awards and more!