Farm Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Rowe Farming Ltd – a leading grower and supplier of first-class daffodils and daffodil bulbs in the heart of Cornwall. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Farm Operations Manager who will have shared responsibility for the company production base of outdoor grown daffodil crops.
- Location: Cornwall
- Reporting to: Managing Director
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: Full time
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will lead a team of over 20 full-time staff (and up to 1,000 seasonal staff) supported by the Farm Transport Manager, Farm Crops Manager and in-house recruitment/welfare team.
- You will manage the delivery of all operations in line with company Health and Safety requirements and ensure time critical operations are carried out on a 7 day/week basis.
- The role will cover aspects such as crop planning, staff management, safe-working implementation, cost analysis and direct oversight of all outdoor and field-based company operations.
- You will also have an input into the continued development of agronomy and production methods to maximise yield and optimise efficiency, whilst monitoring cost base and control.
Proven relevant experience in agriculture/horticulture; strong people management experience; ambition to learn, develop and progress inside a busy and highly seasonal operation; willingness to engage practically at all levels and ability to tackle varied farm/estate tasks; a robust sense of humour; confidence in dealing with outside agencies such as RPA, EA, local council, HSE and a full UK driving licence.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Jill Jamieson (HR Manager) at email@example.com